The easiest habit for me is #5, creating your own toolbox. I really enjoy learning especially if it is something related to what I am teaching. Whether it is taking classes like quilting or cake decorating, trying new recipes, or reading up on nutrition, I love to learn more about the subjects I teach. As I learn from these experiences I am able to add new resources and skills to my toolbox which I can share with others.
The most difficult habit for me is #3, viewing problems as challenges. I like to think of myself as a "glass is half full" type of person but in reality, it is easier said then done. There is always something to be learned from an experience but that learning only takes place if we allow it. This is an important skill that I need to work on. The most difficult part for me is embracing those challenges as learning experiences. I don't always recognize the learning until after the fact when there really is so much to learn through the entire experience. It reminds me of that quote by Swindoll, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." Here's to seeing the glass half full!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment