When I began looking into Del.icio.us I really did not understand the benefit of it because you can already bookmark any pages on your browser. Then I read the article from
How Stuff Works and I quickly understood the benefit of having an account with Del.icio.us. By saving and tagging your bookmarks, you are not only organizing them so they are more user-friendly, you are able to access them online from any computer. Bookmarking on your browser will save the page but only on the computer you are working on. For business trips and presentations when you may not be at your "work" computer, you can still access the websites, track the research, and hold on to useful information online.
I love to bookmark pages on my comp but I do a lot of work at home as well as at school so I could see a huge benefit to having a Del.icio.us account. There have been many times when I find a great resource or recipe while on my computer at school and I save or bookmark the page (I probably have at least 25 pages). There have been multiple occasions when I go to access that same information at home and either can't find it or spend 20 minutes looking for it again. It would be so much more convenient to have it all organized in one spot. I might just have to sign up . . . :)
The other really cool thing about del.icio.us is that you can share bookmarks. You will see how many people bookmarked the same sites you did, and then you can go look at what other sites they bookmarked. It opens up another world!
ReplyDelete