Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thing #14: Wikis

Having gone through the wiki tutorial, I have a new found appreciation and understanding for Wikipedia.  Wiki's are awesome and thanks to the "Plain English" presentation, they seem very user-friendly.  I think it would be fun to use a Wiki in my foods class to allow students to contribute recipes and write recipe reviews.  It could be a project on being a food critic.   It would also be useful for yearbook in coordinating and organizing plans for the yearbook.  I like the idea of being able to reach a lot of people at one time.  At least a pre-determined list of people.  Then again, anything posted online will reach a lot of people at one time!  There are so many possibilities with wiki's and I am glad to be more informed and aware about how and why to use them.

1 comment:

  1. I love wiki's too! I love your idea of posting recipes and writing reveiws. What a great way to have kids talk about what worked and didn't work with a particular recipe. They could even doctor the recipe up a little and offer that as well. (ala allrecipes.com).

    ReplyDelete