Friday, May 14, 2010

Thing #16: Online Productivity Tools

       Let me first share how much I love Gmail.  Having a Gmail account makes it so convenient to sign up for cool things like: this blog and Zoho.  I love that you don't have to set up an entirely new username every time you want to start an account.  I just have to type in my gmail email and password and I am set.  It makes it one less username/password to remember, love that.
       I am excited about Zoho!  It is just like GoogleDocs which I was introduced to by some of my students (we used it in yearbook).  The reason I love these types of programs/sites is because you can access saved work anytime from any computer with the internet.  That is so amazing and convenient.  I am ready to save all my school docs (like 100+ recipes!) on Zoho so I don't have to worry about keeping track of a flash drive (mine actually broke this year, so I lost all the work that was saved on it!).  Also, I don't have to type recipes at home, and then email them to myself so I can have them at school the next day, I can just access them from Zoho.  I guess the SchoolLoop locker does the same thing but I have never used it.  I think I will stick with my Zoho account for now . . time to start typing recipes.  I wonder if you can import docs from Word that are already on your computer?  Okay . .I just tried it and it totally works.  You can import any doc from your computer and then access it through Zoho.  Amazing!!  Pretty sure this is my favorite "Thing" so far!
     I typed up a new recipe that I got from a fellow foods teacher.  I have not made these cookies before but it looks like a great recipe!  Let me see if I can successfully post the recipe from Zoho . . .

1 comment:

  1. I was really impressed with Zoho as well.You are doing an amazing job getting through these things.
    Your spirit of adventure for all of these things is heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete