I started my search for Education blogs on Google Blogs. I searched for "nutrition" and "food pyramid" but did not have much like finding information that would be useful for my Intro lesson on the Food Guide Pyramid for next week. I checked out Technorati for a bit and then explored EduBlog which was my favorite. They have a whole list of Blog competitiors for the "Eddie" awards they give out. There are several different categories. For example, "Best classroom blog", "Best use of social networking in a classroom", "Best group", etc. I searched through a few and read some of the entries that are in the running for "Best blog post". It was very entertaining and impressive to see what people have done with their blogs and how they incorporate them into their teaching.
I am thinking about starting my own class blog. I think it would be a fun way to share recipes that we make and post photos of the students cooking in class. It would be fun to have the students post to the blog sharing about their experiences cooking at home. I have so many students emailing me pictures of food that they make or sharing stories about the pillow they sewed at home. I think it would be great to have them share their experience on a class blog. I wonder how I get one started? Can I make a group blog on blogger or is EduBlog better for that type of blog? How do allow multiple students access to one blog? I need to figure this out but I think it would be a wonderful thing to add to my class.
Here is something else I found on my blog search . . .
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

Nice!! Before Deborah leaves, ask her how she set up here class blogs on edublogs. She has good feedback for all of us.
ReplyDelete