Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thing #7: Blog about Technology

I love Skype!  It is a great way to video chat and all you need is a Skype account, which is free, and a webcam which comes standard on most computers these days.  Even gmail allows you to video chat but I am more familiar with Skype.  It is amazing to see how far technology has come in such a short period of time that you can actually have live video chats online.  I have spent a lot of time using Skype to keep in touch with family members that live out of state.  I can see my nephew Tyler in Utah as he practices taking his first steps or listen to my nephew Charlie in LA has he starts to talk more and more.  It is such a great program and I am grateful I am able to use it to keep in touch with my family and see all of those amazing milestones!
These are my cute nephews I get to see on Skype.  Charlie and Tyler!

3 comments:

  1. How cute they are! Are they twins? I use ichat to visit with my twin grandchildren (4 years old) in Washington D.C. I, too, think it is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cousins, they are actually 6 months apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute. I have not used Skype yet, but I am happy that it is out there especially as my own children adventure out into the world.

    ReplyDelete